Friday, April 8, 2011

Unwanted Guests


Most of you know that I've lived alone for most of my 14 months in Brazil. However, I've realized lately that that is not fully the truth. The truth is that I live with many other unique "creatures" that God has created. Armies of ants swarm in my kitchen at the first speck of food that is dropped, spiders make themselves at home in corners of each room, lizards scurry across the floor, and twice now a tarantula has decided to drop by and say hello - unwelcome of course. Believe it or not, I once had a whole litter of cats living in the stairwell that leads up to my apartment door. Well, Wednesday night another visiter decided to drop by. I was in the shower when I felt a little tickle on my foot. I look down and AHHHHHHH......to my horror, a giant cockroach was running across my feet. Gross! Luckily my flip-flops were right beside the shower, so I jumped out, grabbed the shoe, and beat that thing until it was dead. Roaches are amazing....I mean, I don't know how in the world such a big bug can crawl through the tiny slits in the drain in my shower. But this one did. All I can say is, 'what doesn't kill you, definitely makes you stronger.' God has been working on making me stronger since I've lived in Brazil through the countless number of unwanted guests that share my home. I have to say, I will leave this place a much braver person in regards to the creepy crawly things around the world.



1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I just hate those unwanted guests...

    ReplyDelete