Thursday, April 29, 2010

April: A Month Full of Events!

April has been a quite a busy month!  We celebrated the resurrection of our Savior the first weekend in April.  Some of the missionaries got together and we celebrated with an Easter service and a giant banquet, complete with a lot of tasty food!  Not long after that, I celebrated my 23rd birthday!  The students sang "Happy Birthday" to me in English and Portuguese!

I was also a sponsor on the High School Ministry Trip, which took place April 20th - 26th.  This trip took place in three places up the Amazon River. The planning kept all of us sponsors very busy!  Each of us was in charge of training the students for ministry, as everything on the trip would be student led. While on the trip, we got to see the students' leadership skills in action!  I must say that I was highly impressed! I'm thankful to be a part of training up these students to be godly leaders all around the world!  God's presence was felt by all during the trip as we helped repair and remodel churches and led three services! The theme of our services was "Living a Christian Life" and I felt like our students did a wonderful job of getting this message across through songs, testimonies, skits, Bible studies, and more!

The ESL students I work with throughout the week are showing much improvement!  It is such a privilege to be their teacher, while also being able to share about God with them.  Their latest assignment for my class was to write their testimonies.  On Friday, they will each be sharing what God has done in and through their lives! 

Through everything, I have learned about the Lord's provision. God has continually provided for and taken care of me. In dangerous situations, He has kept me safe.  When money has been tight, He has seen me through. He never falls short on His promises!  We serve an awesome God! Don't forget to thank Him today for His provision!

No comments:

Post a Comment