Monday, July 6, 2009

Support Raising, Polska, and Visa...

So I just wanted to take a moment to give an update on everything that is going on right now.  
I have dedicated July as a "support-raising" month for me.  To live in Brazil I need to raise a minimum of $650 monthly support.  So far I have raised $300, so praise God that I'm almost half way there!  I will be visiting churches on various Wednesday nights, Sunday mornings, and Sunday nights to raise more financial support and prayer support.   I wholeheartedly believe in the power of prayer and I know that this is just as important as raising the financial support that I will need.  

At the end of the month I will be heading off to Polska, known in our English language as the wonderful country of Poland :).  I will be there from July 28th to August 18th.  There I will be working for the mission organization called PROeM Ministries (http://www.proemministries.org/).  This is the organization that Pam worked for when she went to Poland.  My first week there I will be helping with an international college student camp.  The next two weeks I will be working at the junior EFL (English as a foreign language) camp.  I'm so excited to get to serve the Lord in Poland in a way that the gifts He has given me can be used!  

Lastly, I wanted to touch on visa issues and how God is working on my heart through this process.  As I said in my last blog, I am waiting on some documents to be sent to me from Brazil before I can apply for my visa.  Since the visa process is often delayed, I have been anxious about receiving these documents before I leave for Poland because if not, I will have to wait until after Poland to apply.  By then, some of my documents will be expired and have to be reprocessed.  This would delay the whole visa process even more.  So lately I have had this huge burden on my shoulders, worrying constantly about all of this confusing visa stuff.  However, God never fails us and He has constantly been showing me the verse Philippians 4:6-7: "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."  God used several of His faithful servants at PFO to tell me to rely on this verse.  And then, as if to really drill it in, our 15 year-old guest speaker at church preached a message entitled "How to face your giants in God's Timing with the Peace of God."  Wow!!!  Is this what I needed to hear or what?!!  I immediately knew that the "giant" in my life was the visa.  Every word out of Brother Ahren's mouth spoke to me.  I have said yes to God's calling right now on my life and He will not just leave me.  I don't need to fear or worry about it.  Instead I must be patient and wait on God's perfect timing, all the while having the perfect peace of God.  It's time I conquer my "giant" and give it all to God.  I will replace it with the patience and peace that only God can give to His people.  Isn't our God amazing?!!

2 comments:

  1. that is a good verse (in phil 4). i wrote it on my mirror a few months ago when i was frustrated about not having a job. i like the imagery of my heart and mind being kept in the protection of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you girlie. God has perfect timing I have been figuring that out this last couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete