Wednesday, July 1, 2009

PFO, Brazil, & Prayer Requests

So I've been at PFO-pre field orientation- for almost two weeks now. In my time here I've learned so much. I'm being prepared for the transition I will be making and for teaching overseas at an International Christian School! I've met so many other missionaries and made such great friends! I'm excited to keep in touch with these fellow brothers and sisters in Christ and to encourage them as they serve the Lord all around the world as He has called.

Each and every day my passion for Brazil is growing. Any of you that knew Pam can remember how she used to talk about Poland. You could feel her passion for the place when she talked about it, could feel her heart longing to be there. I now know that passion for a particular place. I can relate to the way Pam felt the longing for the place of her calling. The passion burns inside of me in a way that I feel a sense of urgency to be there and serve the Lord in all the ways He wants to use me. However, I must be patient and for this I need everyone's prayers. The visa process for Brazil is a very long and complicated one. I plan to leave for Brazil in September, but in reality I don't know when I will be able to go. It all depends on when I get my visa. I am waiting on certain documents to be sent to me from Brazil and once I receive these documents I can apply for my visa. After that it will be a waiting game until my visa gets approved. I plan to keep you all updated on each step of the process. Please be praying that I remember to give this to God daily and not to worry so much about it. Pray that I can be patient. Pray that my visa gets approved quickly once I apply. Above all, pray that God's will be done in all things!

Also, there are others here heading to Brazil. Please be in prayer for these people as well as they are going through the same things in regards to the visa process.

Thanks so much for all of your prayer and support!

Grace and Peace,
Christie

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! So glad you're blogging! Just another way to keep up with the way God is using you! Come by my blog and say hi! :)

    ReplyDelete