Friday, August 21, 2009

Poland and Visa Update!

Well I'm home from my three weeks in Poland.  My time there was absolutely amazing!  God blessed me with so many opportunities to serve Him by helping others.  The first two weeks I helped at an international christian conference for college students.  One day during those two weeks I was able to work on a service project that involved cleaning a sick, elderly man's home.  The conditions in which he lived broke my heart.   That day God reminded me of our job as Christians to take care of the poor, needy, and forgotten of the world.  I will never forget what I saw that day.  The last week I was there I worked as an assistant counselor at an English camp for kids.  I got to live in the cabin with 6 Polish kids and share God's love with them 24/7, while also teaching them English!  

As for my visa update, I found out from the visa agency that I will still have to wait two months minimum for my visa.  If I do receive the visa in two months, that puts me in Brazil at the end of October.  I hope and pray that the two months more is all I have to wait.  But no matter what, I know that God is in control.  

Thanks to everyone for all your prayers!  I will continue to keep you updated!  

No comments:

Post a Comment