Monday, February 1, 2010

Leaving soon???!!!!!

Yesterday one of the missionaries called me from Brazil.  They have decided that they want me to come to Brazil on a tourist visa for now and try to secure the other visa while I'm there.  The tourist visa is only good for 90 days, plus you can renew it in country so 180 days in all.  I will come home around June 12th after the school year is over at AVA.  Once I'm home, I must have a different visa to return in August.  I give this to God and if He wants me back in August He will secure the visa I need to go back.  

The biggest surprise is this: I may be leaving as early as February 12th or 13th!  As long as the tourist visa is approved by then (which I've spoken to my visa agency and this is possible) then I will be leaving on one of those dates!  This is all out of the blue to me and I'm already feeling overwhelmed as I'm still in Colorado until tomorrow and then have some other commitments at home that must be fulfilled.  In such a short amount of time I have to pack and say goodbye for now!  

The most important thing is that I've continually put my faith and trust in God to work this out.  Although this is the plan for now, God can and will change it if He so desires.  I'm trusting Him to guide all of my footsteps!  

Praise the Lord for His faithfulness in all things!

4 comments:

  1. Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! Rejoicing with you in God's timing and His faithfulness. Oh Christie, Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord!

    We love you,
    The Portas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christie, how faithful is the Father! Keep the blogs coming!

    Grace and Peace multiplied!!

    John Hurtgen
    Campbellsville University

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christie my dear girl! What a wonderful thing God is doing in your life. My tears are tears of joy for you and tears of sorrow for me because I am going to miss you so much. I am SO glad God brought you into my life. GOD IS GOOD!

    Janet Coffey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God! You got the call far earlier, here is the confirmation. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete